The internet has added a new dimension to network marketing. It's another tool that can be used to generate leads for your new network marketing business and can be used as an add-on to your offline marketing, or as a major part of your business, and one that is well worth mastering. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
1. Decide your level of online activity. Do you simply want to use the internet as a means of communication by e-mail, or do you want a full-blown online presence to generate leads into your network marketing business?
To build a successful presence takes time and effort and in many cases a big learning curve. It's a good idea to surf around some of the networking sites to get an idea of the kind of activity being followed by others. Check out their websites and decide which ones you find the most appealing.
2. Create a website. This can be a full-blown website or a lead generation page with back-up autoresponder, but you're going to need somewhere for people to visit.
3. Create a blog. Somewhere where you can talk about your product and ideas. Somewhere for people to visit to find out more about you the person, and whether you're the kind of person they would like to do business with. Your blog could be your website if you prefer, with links to your products, services and network marketing opportunity.
4. Join network marketing groups. These are another way to gain contacts. All network marketing forums will allow you to create a profile that will generally appear on all your posts. Give good value and advice and people will look at your profile. Forums are also a great way of seeking advice from other network marketers. Never be afraid to learn from other peoples' mistakes. However, if there's very little activity on the forum, move to another one.
5. Use social networks to promote yourself. Twitter, Facebook, Digg ... there are lots of social networks. Again, create your website link within your profile.
6. Write articles and press releases. This takes a little practice, but can be a very effective way of getting your website noticed by Google, Yahoo, MSN and other search engines. Don't ignore the power of generic (free) search engine listings.
7. Advertise. This can cover anything from posting free ads on the many classified ads sites and directories to creating a PPC, or Pay Per Click, campaign with Google. These are the 'sponsored' ads that you see down the right hand side of the search results pages and can be a hugely effective way to drive leads to your site. But beware, they can also be ineffective and costly and need some thought and planning before committing to a big budget spend; particularly if you are new to network marketing.
Whatever your level of online activity, be prepared to invest some time. Online network marketing can become very very addictive!