- Start writing a list of potential customers. Aim for at least 200 names and keep expanding. (yes, it's a lot, but not everyone says yes, you know).
- Write out postcards to your friends & family and post them out.
- Make sure you take advantage of all available training.
- Contact friends and family and 'practice' on them. (don't forget that even friends and family sometimes say no - don't fall out with them, but simply pass on to the next one).
- Find out when the open evenings are being held near you - For our Telecom Plus team these are called COP's (career opportunity presentations) and take a guest or guests along. They're a great way of letting your potential new distributor find out a bit more about your business opportunity in a non-threatening environment.
- Be your own customer! This is not mandatory of course, but you might as well be your own first customer if the product suits you.
- Hand out presentation DVD's. These are often a good ice-breaker and often make a better job of presenting your business opportunity than most new marketers could. Ask them to have a look at it and let you have their opinion. What bits about it did they like best?
Most importantly, remember that some people will say NO. Yes, it happens! - don't dwell on it, just move onto the next person.